Shop By Occasion
- The Complete Range
- Winter Flower Range
- Birthday Flowers
- New Baby Flowers & Gifts
- Anniversary Flowers
- Romance Flowers
- Plants & Planters
- Luxury Flowers
- Funeral Flowers
- Sympathy Flowers
- Congratulations Flowers
- Get Well Flowers
- Thank You Flowers
- Champagne, Wine & Spirits
Shop By Price
- £25 - £35 Bouquets
- £35 - £45 Bouquets
- £45 - £50 Bouquets
- £50 - £60 Bouquets
- £60 - £80 Bouquets
- £80+ Bouquets
Shop By Colour
Shop By Flower
Add Something Extra
Flower Care Guide
Flower Care Guide
Flowers are a living piece of nature and require some essential hygiene practices to improve their vase life. We recommend the following generally, however, each species and their varieties often have individual requirements.
If your flowers are delivered in a bouquet, i.e wrapped in cellophane with water on the ends;
- Remove packaging and trim the stems. Bouquets are usually delivered in water, so you should do this over a sink.
- Always make sure your vase is thoroughly cleaned so that there is no bacterial contamination from previous use.
- Cut approximately 1 cm from the ends of the stems at an angle. This helps the stem to suck up the water.
- Fill your vase to 3/4 full with fresh tap water then add the flower food. (except with tulips only 1/4).
- Do add flower food to prolong the life of your flowers (except with tulips). Always follow exactly the guidelines on the back of the sachet.
- Remove any foliage which lies beneath the water as they will cause bacteria to grow in the water.
- Display in a cool location away from draughts, direct sunlight and heat.
- To refresh flowers after 2-3 days, remove any drooping flowers or foliage, re-cut the stems and replace the fresh water.
If your flowers arrive already arranged then you may need to add fresh water to the container
- Do this over a sink or on a drainer.
- Place a coaster or such under the container when placing on furniture in case of spills.
- Repeat every few days.
- As buds deteriorate clip away to allow others to open.
Plant Care Guide
Keep the compost moist. Avoid over-watering, draughts and direct sunlight. To prolong flowering, remove faded flowers. Feed plants fortnightly with liquid plant fertilizer during Spring and Summer. Protect non-hardy plants from frost.
Handle With Care
- Lily pollen may stain. Carefully remove stamens from any newly opened flowers and avoid direct contact. Tip (If you get lily pollen on your cloths do not rub but use sellotape to remove by placing sticky side on top of stain and peel off).
- Keep flowers out of reach of children and pets. The flowers/plant are for display only and must not be eaten.
- We recommend that you not place your flowers or plants on an unprotected surface.
You can always contacting our Customer Service Team or call and speak to one of our expert florists should you have any further queries.
Why Choose the Flower Box?
The Flower Box was established in 1975 in Middlesbrough. We are proud to have nearly 40 year’s experience in the floristry industry. As a family run business, our aim is to provide the best possible customer service to Middlesbrough and the surrounding areas.
We pride ourselves on offering our customers the best possible value for money when it comes to delivering high-quality floral bouquets. Our team members are highly trained with industry leading qualifications. The Flower Box team specializes in creating wedding flowers, funeral tributes and floral bouquets for all occasions. Visit our ‘About Us’ page for more information on the Flower Box team.